Monday, December 28, 2009

Welcome

Hello friends, and welcome to my new blog. If you don't know me, my name is Danny. I'm a huge movie fan, and for years friends and family have been coming to me for my two cents on which movies are good and which are to be avoided, and I have decided to make my two cents available to anyone and everyone. I love movies of all kinds, and no genre will be off-limits here.

Now, who am I to think that said two cents are even worth that much? I'm nobody. I'm not a serious film critic, I've never been to film school, and I'm not an industry insider of any kind. I'm just a normal guy who's favourite hobby is sitting in front of the big screen with a tub of popcorn and a soda, and I'm never happier than when I get the chance to escape to a galaxy far far away, or perhaps somewhere over the rainbow.

So what can you expect from me? Hopefully, I can use this space for a variety of purposes. The main focus of course will be my reviews of current films. You'll get to hear my "take" on everything about the movies I go to see as I evaluate all the things I love and hate about the latest blockbusters and indies. But apart from reviews of current films, you can expect my thoughts on other aspects of the entertainment business. Want to hear my Oscar predictions? I'll post them. Perhaps I'll review the latest film soundtracks, or even talk about some of my favourite moments in television. (Expect some serious ramblings when LOST finally wraps up its amazing run.) You can also expect the occasional DVD recommendation, because as much as I love the experience of the theater, some nights there is nothing better than an old John Wayne flick on DVD seen from under a blanket on the couch.

What do I expect from you? Input and Comments are always welcome. Agree or disagree with a review of mine? Please, leave your comments. (Just remember to be civil and act like a human being. My mom will probably read this.) Seen a good movie lately that you want me to review? Feel free to email me at dannylovesmovies@gmail.com. Other than that, just stop by and I'll be happy. If you like the blog, share it with your friends. I find that much of my social life is spent talking about great movies with friends, and there's no reason why that can't take place here.

It's the holidays (as well as awards season), so there are plenty of good flicks out there for you to enjoy. So you can expect my first official review soon. Until then:

My name is Danny, and I love movies.
Thanks for stopping by.

PS - An extra special thanks to my friend Evan, who's food blog A Man About Town is part of the inspiration for this blog. Evan writes excellent reviews about restaurants in and around Knoxville, TN, so if you're ever taking a trip or already live there, check it out. http://ehiggin.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

  1. you should really do a review on across the universe. =] it would make me smile

    ReplyDelete